METRO MATTRESS TERMS & CONDITIONS
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Merchandise may not be returned or refunded at any time.
- Intended Audience. Metro Mattress has permanent establishment in the United States of America. Metro Mattress does not accept sales orders, sell or intend to sell, process, or solicit customers that reside or may be a citizen of a country that is outside of the United States. Our intended audience is a US citizen who resides permanently within the United States and specifically resides within the United States except for California, Alaska, and Hawaii and is further specified as primarily persons who reside in Upstate New York, Connecticut, Massachusettes, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island or otherwise physically shop in our stores located throughout the Northeast or reside within our stated and intended delivery areas.
- Acquisition of Information. Metro Mattress will not acquire any more information about consumers than is required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely. Metro Mattress will not sell, barter, or exchange any information about its consumers with any other company or service.
- Our Employees and Privacy. Metro Mattress trains all of its employees about the importance of privacy. We give access to information about consumers only to those employees who require it to perform their jobs.
- Disclosure to Third Parties. Metro Mattress will not disclose or process personal data except for the specific use of conducting Metro Mattress sales or marketing transactions to its Intended Audience. Metro Mattress may release account information about consumers to third parties only if: a) we are compelled to do so by order of a duly-empowered governmental authority, b) we have the express permission of the consumer; or c) it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services.
- Notifications. We will promptly notify you if we receive a request to disclose, provide a copy, modify, block, or take any other action with respect to personal data, unless notice is prohibited by Applicable Law; and, except to the extent required by Applicable Law, we will not independently take any action in response to a request from the person/data subject without specific prior written instruction. We will cooperate with reasonable requests for access to Personal Data and other information and assistance as necessary to respond to a request or complaint by the person/data subject.
- Representations. With regard to personal data you disclose and provide to us, you hereby represent and warrant: (i) the personal data has been collected in accordance with Applicable Law; (ii) the transfer to us for the purpose of providing the Services is authorized under Applicable Law; (iii) you will comply with Applicable Law as to requests from data subjects in connection with the Personal Data; (iv) you shall disclose to us only that Personal Data that is necessary for our provision of the Services; and (v) you shall not ask us to take any action with respect to the Personal Data that you are not permitted to take directly.
- Records. We will keep reasonable records to evidence our compliance with our obligations under this policy and shall preserve such records for at least two (2) years from the date of the events reflected therein.
The design of all new mattresses incorporates the use of a variety of different comfort layers and materials. Mattress Manufacturers have found, through comfort and durability testing, that these comfort layers offer a greater level of performance and health benefits than mattresses designed several years ago. It is completely normal and 100% expected that these comfort layers will settle and compress. You should expect a slight body impression in all new mattresses virtually right away. This is not a structural defect nor a design defect, but an expected result. And rest assured, body impressions do not affect the level of comfort and support you receive from your new sleep set. Expect to see an impression of approx. 1″ – 1 .5” in all new mattresses.
DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS & INFORMATION
- Customers should expect an automated call the night before delivery notifying of an estimated 3 hour delivery window for the next day.
- At 7:00am the day of your delivery, you can get an estimated time for your delivery to arrive at your home. Visit www.metromattress.com and click on the TRACK YOUR DELIVERY link. Enter the phone number OR the invoice number from your proof of purchase to see the ETA of your delivery.
- The ETA of your delivery may change due to traffic, inclement weather, or unforeseen delays. The estimated time of arrival will continue to refresh throughout the day based on real-time updates.
- If you are unable to access your delivery information online, you may contact our delivery department at (315) 218-1220. Please do not call delivery department before 10:00am.
- Failure to be home during the confirmed delivery time frame may result in a delivery fee once rescheduled. (See store for current delivery rate).
- Your home, room, or location within the room, must be ready to receive your delivery. This includes having a clear, unobstructed path for our drivers, and linens removed from any old bedding being removed from your home.
- Our professional delivery staff takes pride in protecting your home and property when making a delivery. However, in the event that your home contains a restricted delivery area (hallway, staircase, etc.), you may be required to sign a release form before our delivery staff attempts installation of merchandise in your home.
- For insurance & safety reasons, the Metro Mattress delivery team cannot move any existing furniture to other rooms in your home
- MAKE SURE YOU INSPECT ALL MERCHANDISE AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY! Any damage to merchandise at time of delivery or pick up MUST be recorded in writing on the delivery or pick up acknowledgement. Any damages without such record will NOT be eligible for exchange.
- Customers paying (per set) for removal qualify for the removal of mattresses and/or box springs. Metro Mattress will NOT remove waterbed mattresses or bases, hide-a-beds or futons, etc. as part of the removal service.
BOX SPRING/FOUNDATION CONCERNS
In some cases a one-piece box spring foundation may not fit in your home due to narrow staircases, etc. This may require a 2-piece “split” box spring foundation. The mandatory fee for the upgrade to a split box spring/foundation is $99.99. Please call the original store of purchase.
MATTRESS HEIGHT CONCERNS
Understanding the effect of the height of your new mattress in conjunction with your bedroom furniture is the sole responsibility of the customer. However, if upon delivery of your new mattress set you realize that the bed is too high, it may be possible to exchange the box spring/foundation with a low profile box spring foundation (if available). This will lower the height of the set by approximately 3 to 5 inches depending on the model. The issue must be identified and addressed on the day of your delivery to be considered. Please call the original store of purchase for details.
The following applies to the payment of merchandise that has not yet been received by the customer:
- Metro Mattress does NOT accept telephone cancellations. All cancellations must be processed in person at the store where the original purchase was finalized.
- The 50% deposit required on all special orders is NON-refundable regardless of whether the cancellation is requested prior to or after delivery.
- Refunds will be processed within 7-10 business days. No cash will be refunded. Refunds will be paid either by check or returned via the credit card used during the original purchase.
COMFORT GUARANTEE PROGRAMS
30-Day Comfort Exchange Program
By purchasing a mattress protector with your new mattress and foundation on or after January 1, 2018, your purchase qualifies for the Metro Mattress 30-Day Comfort Exchange Program. If you are not satisfied with your new mattress and foundation within 15 days after delivery/pickup, you are eligible for a one-time exchange of the mattress and foundation to a mattress and foundation of equal or greater value.
- Customer must notify Metro Mattress within 15 days of original delivery/pick-up.
- Qualifying merchandise must be picked up by Metro Mattress within 30 days of original delivery/pick-up. Customer must make themselves available for pickup within 30 days of delivery.
- Mattress and foundation must be free of stains, tears, and any signs of damage at time of pick up. The delivery team will inspect all merchandise prior to accepting the mattress and foundation for exchange.
- The original law tags/labels must remain factory-attached to the mattress and foundation at all times.
- Qualifying merchandise includes any new mattress and foundation (a.k.a. “boxspring”) purchased as a set on the same original receipt. Pillows, mattress protectors, sheets, bed frames, bedsteads, adjustable bases, platform bases, or any other item is not a mattress or foundation and will not be considered for exchange.
- Closeouts, scratch and dent, comfort exchanges, floor samples, warranty exchanges, or special order mattresses and foundations will not be considered for exchange.
- Only 1 exchange will be allowed on the original mattress and foundation purchase.
- Original, customer-owned mattresses and foundations that were removed from the customer’s home at their request on original delivery are disposed of and cannot be returned.
- Sales utilizing a drop-ship service for out-of-area deliveries do not qualify for the 30-Day Comfort Exchange Program.
- A $99.99 service and handling fee will be charged for the 30-Day Comfort Exchange Program.
Nectar Mattress 365 Money Back Guarantee
Customers who purchase a Nectar mattress from Metro Mattress will have 365 days from the date of possession either from delivery or customer pick up to return and/or select to a different mattress. If the customer decides that they do not want the Nectar mattress, they will have the option to return the MATTRESS ONLY for a full refund including the associated sales tax or they may receive the Nectar mattress purchase amount in the form of a Metro Mattress store credit. Any foundations, adjustable bases, bed frames, pillows, protectors, sheets or any other product sold will not be considered for refund. Though a mattress protector is highly recommended with any mattress purchase, it is not required to be purchased with a Nectar mattress in order to qualify for the 365-day money back guarantee. Any Nectar customers who request a refund are highly encouraged to visit one of over 50 Metro Mattress stores to work directly with a trained sales associate to determine the right mattress for them.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- Customers who elect to Pick Up their merchandise have knowingly declined the Metro Mattress delivery service by their own free-will.
- CUSTOMERS MUST INSPECT ALL MERCHANDISE AT THE TIME OF PICK UP. Any damage to merchandise at the time of pick up MUST be recorded in writing on the delivery or pick up slip. Any damages without such record will NOT be eligible for exchange.
- Customers electing to Pick Up merchandise from ANY Metro Mattress location are responsible for providing a safe and adequate vehicle for transportation as well as adequate laborers necessary to safely load and secure merchandise in or on the vehicle. Metro Mattress will NOT load or tie merchandise to the vehicle.
- Customer is responsible for any damage to merchandise or any property caused by the transportation of merchandise.
- Customer assumes full responsibility for the safe transport of merchandise and RELEASES Metro Mattress from any liability, damages, accidents, or claims that may occur during or as a result of customer’s transportation of merchandise.
BEDDING CARE & EXPECTATIONS
- Expect your new bed to feel different at first. You’ve been sleeping on the same bed for a while and it probably lost most of its support over the years. Even though it has lost its support, it’s what your back is used to. Allow yourself time to adjust to your new, supportive sleep set. Just as a new pair of shoes require an adjustment period, so does your new bed!
- You may notice body impressions with normal use. These impressions are not structural defects; rather, they are common occurrences and indicate that the upholstery materials are conforming to your body’s contours.
- A strong frame must support your new sleep set. Since today’s mattresses are better and heavier than before, your old bed frame may not be able to support your new bedding properly. For ALL queen, split queen, Olympic queen, king & California king size sets, use a bed frame that supports head, foot & sides as well as a rigid center support. For any of the aforementioned sizes that do not utilize a metal center support, you must use AT LEAST 5 hardwood slats (1″x4″). By not providing a sufficiently supportive frame, damage can occur to the product and your warranty will be invalid.
- Always match the quality of a new mattress with an adequate foundation. Old foundation units may not provide sufficient support. It may appear that your new mattress is “sagging” when the problem may be due to an inadequate or non-supportive foundation.
CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY NOTICE
Consumers purchasing Mattress Only or Foundation Only to be used in conjunction with a mattress or foundation manufactured before July 1st, 2007 should be advised that this combination may not be compliant with the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) Standard for the Flammability of Mattress and Mattress/Foundation Sets (16 CFR part 1633 and 1634). Metro Mattress makes no representation or warranty of the compliance of products manufactured before the CPSC statute(s) effective date. Metro Mattress explicitly and expressly accepts no responsibility for damages resulting by virtue of the consumer’s decision to utilize any product(s) used in conjunction with Non-Compliant or Pre-Existing merchandise.
KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL RECEIPT AND WARRANTY CARD! You will need both documents to properly file a warranty claim with the manufacturer. Failure to produce the original Itemized Proof of Purchase may result in the denial of warranty coverage by the manufacturer. Under the terms of Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty, customer is only entitled to the repair or replacement of defective product. Refund requests will not be considered. See Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty for further details.
Metro Mattress grants or implies NO warranty of performance on any product. All warranties provided, if any, are manufacturer’s warranties. Manufacturer Warranty paperwork is included in the packaging of the product. In the event that a warranty claim on your product is necessary, Metro Mattress will arrange for the In-Home Assessment of the product which may include measurements, descriptions, and/or photographs as deemed appropriate under the terms of the manufacturer’s limited warranty. All decisions concerning warranty claims are made solely by the manufacturer. This includes the validity of the claim, and any subsequent offerings thereafter. Metro Mattress will only perform an exchange for defective products with the written consent of the manufacturer.
Service and transportation fees are not included in the terms of the Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty. Metro Mattress requires a delivery fee for the exchange of any approved warranty claim made 60 days after the original date of delivery. Delivery charge shall be based on the current delivery fee and is subject to change at any time. Merchandise sold “As-Is” is NOT eligible for warranty coverage under the terms of the Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty. *Please Note: Metro Mattress does NOT perform service for any adjustable bed bases. All service issues on adjustable bases are resolved directly through the manufacturer. IMPORTANT: Pursuant to the Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty, ANY spot or stain on your bedding will VOID the manufacturer’s warranty coverage. For health and safety reasons, the MANUFACTURER reserves the right to deny any and all coverage on these products. See Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty for complete details.
The Price Guarantee applies to the same exact mattress, prior to delivery, and under the same purchase terms. It does not apply to the website, exchanges, floor samples, warranties, discontinued models, or one-of-a-kinds. We can only match factory authorized pricing on Tempur-Pedic and Chattam & Wells. To make a claim for our price guarantee, please present the competitor’s current ad (audio, video, or print) or a paid invoice.
All prices on this website are subject to change without notice. While we make every effort to provide the most accurate, up-to-date information, occasionally, one or more items on our website can be mispriced. In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, photographic, technical error, or an error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Metro Mattress shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for a product listed at the incorrect price. If an item’s correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount. If an item’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will cancel your order and notify you of the price error and order cancellation. You will, of course, have an opportunity to purchase the item at the correct price.