Whether you want restful sleep or to lounge in bed with a good book, this information will assist you to find the best pillow for your needs. When choosing your perfect pillow there are a few things to consider—what’s your favorite sleeping position, how do you like your pillow to feel, what type of mattress do you have, are you a warm or cold sleeper, do you have allergies? Learn more about various pillow types and take our Metro Mattress pillow finder quiz to find the best sleep support for you!
Explore our collection of Malouf brand pillows and accessories with a wide selection of microfiber, gel dough, cooling and aromatherapy pillows.Metro Mattress carries the following pillow options:
- GELLED MICROFIBER PILLOW: Filled with gel-coated microfibers, the soft, consistent filling of the Gelled Microfiber® pillow can be molded to your ideal comfort level. Its soft, consistent filling does not shift or clump. Designed for all sleep types.
- ZONED GEL DOUGH PILLOW: Combining the cooling benefits of Gel Dough® with the comfort and breathability of Zoned Technology™, the Zoned Gel Dough® pillow offers optimal comfort for restful sleep. Great for back and side sleepers.
- CONVOLUTION GELLED MICROFIBER PILLOW: Created for ultimate versatility and comfort, the Gel Convolution™ pillow includes a removable Gel Dough® core encased in Gelled Microfiber® fill offering support for all sleeping positions.
- SHREDDED GEL DOUGH PILLOW: Filled with shapeable clusters of shredded Gel Dough® memory foam, the Shredded Gel Dough® pillow offers a cooler, softer memory foam that is breathable, customizable and comfortable.
- CARBON COOL OMNIPHASE LT PILLOW: The most advanced pillow-cooling technology available, Omniphase® phase change material provides continual temperature regulation with ventilation for superior airflow.
- CARBON COOL OMNIPHASE LT SHOULDER PILLOW: The unique shoulder cutout is designed specifically for side sleepers to align the head and neck, and the supportive memory foam relieves pressure points.
- CBD ACTIVE DOUGH PILLOW: CBD is infused into our proprietary ActiveDough™ foam, a uniquely blended memory foam that offers the quick-response feel and superior support of latex foam, plus the just-right cushion and contouring relief of traditional memory foam.
- ZONED DOUGH LAVENDER SHOULDER PILLOW: Savor the relaxing fragrance of the aromatherapy Z™ Shoulder Zoned Dough® Memory Foam Pillow with Lavender. Known to induce sleep and regulate sleep cycles, this relaxing scent comes infused in the pillow.
- ZONED DOUGH PEPPERMINT PILLOW: Comfort and support meets natural aromatherapy with the Zoned Dough® Peppermint pillow. Plush, curve-conforming Dough® memory foam is infused with real peppermint oil for natural relaxation. Peppermint is known to aid in deep, clear breathing and promote clarity of mind, and peppermint is antimicrobial.
Comfort Concept Pillows
Test out Comfort Concept pillows at your convenience at any of our Metro Mattress locations. Memory foam pillows designed to rest your head in ultimate comfort conditions to get you the quality sleep you have always dreamed of. Comfort Concept brand pillows include:
- MAYBROOK PUFFED MEMORY FOAM PILLOW: The Maybrook Pillow is made with premium memory foam puffs offering a soft, contouring pillow comfort. Puffed memory foam adjusts with the sleeper, matching the body’s curves for exceptional pressure relief.
- CHILL MEMORY FOAM PILLOW: Chill is a high-end pillow that will actively contour and support the shoulders and neck offering excellent comfort and pressure relief. Features memory foam and a cool, soft-to-the-touch cover.
Enjoy the luxury feel of comfort with Tempur-Pedic technology in pillow form. Metro Mattress carries a full lineup of Tempur-Adapt pillows with available cooling abilities that adapt to your shape and cradle the neck and shoulders. Available pillow options include:
- TEMPUR-ADAPT PRO-LO + COOLING PILLOW: Designed for low profile stomach sleepers or small frames with cooling and TEMPUR® Technology.
- TEMPUR-PEDIC TEMPUR-ADAPT PRO-MID + COOLING PILLOW: Medium profile designed for back sleepers or medium frames.
- TEMPUR-PEDIC TEMPUR-ADAPT PRO-HI + COOLING PILLOW: High profile designed for side sleepers or larger frames. Exclusive TEMPUR® Technology precisely adapts to your head, neck, and shoulders.
Pillows and Sleeping Positions
Your sleeping position determines the pillow firmness and height you need to sleep comfortably and maintain healthy spinal alignment. Your pillow shouldn’t be so tall it makes your neck curl inward, nor so thin your head and neck curve backward.
|4 to 5 inches
|Medium to Medium-Firm
|5 to 7 inches
|3 inches or less
|Adjustable Pillow (shredded memory foam or latex)
Pillow height and firmness are recommended based on your sleep style. Stop into any Metro Mattress location to test out our pillows to find the right pillow for your sleep position.
How often should I wash my pillow?
Best practice is to wash your pillow every three to six months, depending on how often you wash your pillow protector, pillowcase, and use your pillow.
When should I replace my pillow?
Your pillow should give you optimum comfort every day and night. If your pillow no longer holds its shape and you have cared for it with regular cleanings, it may be time to replace your pillow.
How do you know what pillow is most comfortable?
A pillow that’s 10 centimeters (or just under 4 inches) high is most comfortable for side sleepers. Stomach sleepers might prefer one that’s flatter, or no pillow at all. Meanwhile, back sleepers usually find medium loft pillows to be most comfortable.
What should I look for in a good pillow?
Look for one that’s as thick as the distance between your ear and outside shoulder. Stomach sleepers may need a soft pillow or no pillow at all. A pillow under your stomach and pelvis may help prevent back pain. Back sleepers may need a flatter pillow, to keep your head and neck in alignment.
What are the pillow sizes needed for my bed?
- Standard 20 in x 26 in
- Queen 20 in x 30 in
- King 20 in x 36 in
- Euro 24 in x 24 in
How does a cooling pillow work?
A cooling pillow and a cool bedroom can instantly lower the temperature around your head, neck, and shoulders so you’ll fall asleep faster and experience deeper, more restful sleep. If a pillow is labeled cooling, it likely wicks away moisture, dissipates heat and promotes increased airflow.
Are memory foam pillows good for your neck?
Latex and memory foam are the best pillow materials for neck pain. This is because the pillow materials provide neck support, which improve overall sleep comfort and quality.
What is the benefit of a scented pillow?
Whether you practice using aromatherapy or not, the simple act of adding a scented pillow insert to your bedding may make the difference between getting a great night’s sleep and still feeling tired when you wake up — particularly if you are struggling with insomnia or other issues that keep you awake at night.
Is it better to sleep with your head flat or elevated?
For healthy sleepers, laying with your head flat and aligned with your spine is perfectly fine. However, if you suffer from respiratory issues, acid reflux, or lumbar spine pain such as obstructive sleep apnea and snoring, lying flat worsens symptoms as your airways collapse. Use a wedge pillow or an adjustable bed base to elevate your upper body and relieve symptoms.
How do I find the perfect pillow?
Plug in your information to the Metro Mattress sleep support pillow finder and we will provide you with a recommendation for the pillow we have available to meet your perfect pillow needs.